Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Annotated Marx Brothers

Thanks to all of you who have written to ask why the annotated guides have disappeared from the site... as most of you guessed it's because they are about to turn into a book.
"The Annotated Marx Brothers" will be published by McFarland next year.
As well as the last three films I never got around to doing here, I promise the book will contain loads and loads of stuff that was never seen online: each entry is massively expanded with new information, and there is an all-new accompanying commentary for each film.
Thanks so much for all the interest, and I hope you like the book.
I've nearly finished it, so I'll be back here soon with more online stuff...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your annotated guides are brilliant and give plenty of information that I've never known before. I hope that the book turns out successful. I'll be sure to read it when it comes out.

Matthew Coniam said...

Thanks, mate!

Azz said...

Well done Matthew! Superb, can't wait to read it, hoping for Mendel Picasso to be solved!

Matthew Coniam said...

Thanks, but that hope will be disappointed, I'm afraid!

Anonymous said...

Greetings from The USA. I will be buying that book!

Matthew Coniam said...

Thank you!

Mercurius Aulicus said...

Congratulations, I had wondered why all your blogs had fallen silent. Now I know why. I hope to see a copy out in Australia.

Matthew Coniam said...

Pablo -
Thanks - hope you enjoy it!
That blog post is by David A. Cory, and will feature as an appendix to the book!

Pablo Zula said...

No worries. I bought it through The Book Depository. I realise it won't be out until next January, but I'm looking forward to reading it. :)

Anonymous said...

In 1911 Pablo Picasso painted an analytical cubist portrait of Buffalo Bill.

Azz said...

Matthew, congratulations on your book finally hitting the shelves! I just went to order it from Amazon and it states 3-6 weeks for delivery! Any chance of buying the book directly perhaps autographed by the author?

Matthew Coniam said...

Cheers! I'd be happy to sign any copies, either under my own name or that of any well-known person living or dead. The book is printing now and should be released some time in March, so that Amazon time period sounds about right.

Azz said...

Excellent, just in time for mothers day.